Friday, August 15, 2008

Athens Graffiti

The graffiti in Athens was awesome. I took lots of photos, and through a little web research I've found some of the artists' names.


This one is my favorite by far


alexandros-vasmoulakis, 10/4/06


This artist promises that "the next will be better." I had to take a photo because of what the monster guy is saying.


a close up of the photo above



My dad argues that an artist who uses public property as his/her canvas cannot be respected (or at least, that was his attitude). It's defacement, not art. I could not disagree more. Graffiti like this adds a new level to my experience in a city. It's a form of beautification and I will take the crappy scrawling along with the inspired pieces any day. Free art rocks.


Dreyk the Pirate? (far left)






The Krah, 2/21/06


No comments: