Friday, November 5, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!


Exciting news everyone!

My garden/farming partner Nic and I have decided to take our partnership one step further and start to brand ourselves and write our own grants with the goal of (sometime in the future) being able to support ourselves on our urban agriculture projects alone!

It's an exciting step, and it's actually a process we started back in August. The first thing we did was talk to our non-profit partners and tell them what our goals and intentions are. UC Green offered to be our fiscal sponsor, which we are incredibly glad and grateful for because we can use their non-profit status to write grants. And we've written two grants since then and been awarded both of them! They are both small community grants (and most of that money goes towards materials for specific projects), but still!

And of course we needed a name and a website to feel legitimate. The name took some brainstorming, and we thought long and hard about it. We came up with "Philly Rooted," and we had our friend make us a logo:



Rad, right?

The website development took a little bit longer, but we finally got it all together: www.phillyrooted.org. Check it out and let me know what you think.

This also means that I will start posting more of my farm and garden posts there, in addition to posting at Farm to Philly. I will try to keep this blog up-to-date with my knitting, making, baking, and thrifting activities. The fall weather (and upcoming "holiday season") has me back into my knitting, which I will post about next week (I just got some beautiful yarn and might even try a pair of socks soon!). I also just found this adorable podcast The Knit Wits, which has got me all fiber inspired again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Rosemary/sonrie said...

sounds very exciting! Good for you for going for it!

mokeybee said...

Awesomely inspiring!