Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Making a Home

This month M and I are moving to a new place that we are renting by ourselves! We figure it's about time to see if we can live without roommates (we've been married for a year already, holy cow!)

We gave ourselves an entire month to move and I would say we're about 90% done as of last week. The new place is a total chaotic mess, don't get me wrong, but at least at this point most of our stuff is here and not there.

One of the most exciting things about this place is that there is a backyard! It's cemented over and surrounded by a chain link fence covered in weedy vines, but not for long! I have lots of ideas for it, including cement removal, a hammock, a fire pit, a colorful trellis, strings of lights, herbs, lavender, fruit trees, a rain barrel, lots of flowers and more.

Here are a few "before" pics, let me know if you have any ideas!

No comments: