Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bedside table



I've been amassing quite a stack of reading material over the last month (gift cards from Christmas, woot!) and I wanted to share it with you:

McSweeney's Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales - Edited by Michael Chabon
- It turns out I've already read this one but forgot! I might skip it and get straight to the other books I'm looking forward to.

Urban Green: Innovative Parks for Resurgent Cities - Peter Harnick
- I saw a panel discussion this week at the Academy of Natural Sciences that featured Mr. Harnick. It was wonderful and got me dreaming about all of the possibilities for greening in Philadelphia.

Prodigal Summer - Barbara Kingsolver
- Squeeeee! One of my favorite authors, I haven't read this yet and just borrowed it from a friend who insisted that I will love it.

Poetry journal, February 2011
- Jaja got me a subscription as a surprise last year and I renewed this year. I'm finding that I almost enjoy the commentary more than the poetry sometimes, it's incredibly informative and an amazing peek into the inner world of contemporary poetry.

The Little Book of Main Street Money: 21 Simple Truths that Help Real People Make Real Money - Jonathan Clements
- From my dad, of course. I actually tore through it, I think it's helped me with some basic understanding of investing.

Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas - Tom Robbins
- Another of my absolute favorite authors. I try to meter out his work so I don't go through it all at once, the same with Barbara Kingsolver. But I treat myself to a new one once a year or so, can't wait for this one!

Fully Empowered - Pablo Neruda
- The ultimate romantic poet (sorry e.e.)
The Jewish Book of Why - Alfred J. Kolatch
- Part of my ongoing and endless education of all things Jewish

Webster's New World Pocket Dictionary, Third Edition
-Duh. Words are hard.

And finally!

Seed Savers Exchange: 2011 Catalog of Heirloom Seeds, Books and Gifts
Fedco Seeds 2011
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange: Catalog & Garden Guide 2011

No comments: