Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cake, The Fourth



I finished baking the fourth cake from my library book, "Birthday Cakes: Recipes and Memories from Celebrated Bakers" by Kathryn Kleinman.

Cake #1 - Jelly Roll (mine was un-photograph-able)

Cake #2 - Gingerbread Cake with Chocolate Icing

Cake #3 - Comforts Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese and Coconut Frosting

Cake #4 - Meyer Lemon Pound Cake

Cake #5 is being baked as we speak (The Elvis Cake, details to come)



I'm obviously on a roll here, though I think it will stop once classes start picking up. I'm having fun being the happy little home-maker, and my house-mates are really excited about it too (and they are inspired to make their own yummy creations).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, delicous! I love strawberries!

Cornflower said...

That cake looks so good and so professional; and as for the Elvis one, I'd give it a try!