Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Corners of My Home

We're in a state of transition here on Osage Ave; two of our housemates recently moved out (three if you include Wild Bill), and two will be moving in over the course of the next month. The house is in disarray and there are boxes and newly empty walls all over.

This recent post from Soulemama allowed me to take a breath, look around my home, and appreciate the parts of it that are still making me happy.

I also joined the Corners of My Home group on flickr, which provides some very nice procrastination fodder.


*** Favorite stuffed animals (Beanie, Flat Cat, a wild thing, and the Phanatic), pictures, a self-portrait I took in college, nick-nacks. ***


*** A favorite spot in the front room, with a bird's nest that was a gift from my mom ***


*** Winter on the south side of the house - on the right is my pineapple sage which makes me very very happy. ***


***Nick-nack corner with my jewelry box from Poland, ring holder (my first engagement gift), striped rock from Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, and art from blue bicicletta. ***


*** My favorite bread-rising place ***


***Part of my sweetie's studio.***


***Bedside table full of things that make me happy.***


*** Furniture from my grandmother, a print from my time in Hawai'i, Steelers fanstuff.***

1 comment:

Nicole said...

ooh! I love every corner!