Monday, April 12, 2010

Phila Flower 2010

Highlights from the Philadelphia Flower Show, a little late!



Terrariums, of course.



This crown is made entirely of plant materials. Click on it to see the incredible details: little baskets with eggs, tiny birds with feathers sticking out of the tops of their heads, tiny dogwood blossoms!



A tropical "outdoor" bedroom.



The Netherlands exhibit, I love the canals with bikes in them and the tulips growing out of the walkway.



Just craziness.



Window boxes.



The winning balcony.



And finally, this was one of the most interesting exhibits I've seen at the flower show in a while, by Moda Botanica. They used shipping containers and had local graffiti artists Distraught and Distort cover them with art.



I actually recognized the art from around my house, I've posted some of it before.



I was especially thrilled with the Jane Pepper art (the retiring head of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society - she's very distinctive looking). She even signed one of them!







And a few days after the show I ran into this on my walk to work.



All in all, it was the most exhausting and satisfying flower show ever (and I'm so happy it's over)!

2 comments:

Rosemary/sonrie said...

fascinating! some beautiful displays.

Nicole said...

Ooh, cool! I love that Moda Botanica exhibit especially!