Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodbye Camden


At the end of this week I will be leaving my job as Community Garden Organizer at the Camden Children's Garden. Here are some parting photos I took this month of some of the gardens I've been working on this summer: The Cramer Hill CDC garden, a new community garden with HUGE raised beds - probably 20 by 20 ft, and one of my favorites, the St. Anthony's Community Garden.


Cramer Hill CDC Community Garden


Check out the size of those beds!


An incredible melon trellis at the St. Anthony's Community Garden


When the melons start to grow, they will hang down from the trellis and this gardener will support them by making a sling with pantyhose and tying it to the bamboo!

********

My work in West Philadelphia on community gardens and urban farms continues, so stay tuned to see what exciting things are coming up next!

No comments: