Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas recap: Chain Gang



I've been dying to make these necklaces ever since Jaja sent along a link to this etsy shop a loooooong time ago: Yokoo Scarves and Accessories. The necklaces/scarves on that site are ridiculously expensive, so I found a great pattern on ravelry and just made them myself! The pattern is free from Knitty: Marley's ghost. I changed it up a bit by using much larger yarn and forgoing the felting at the end. I don't think it adds anything to be honest, because it's a much funnier statement when you can see all of the stitches and it's clear that your bling is knitted.





As predicted, they were a huge hit with the three friends who received them (Jaja being one, of course). I might even make one for myself!

1 comment:

NA said...

DEAR READERS:
IT IS TRULY AS AMAZING AS IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS.
SIGNED,
KNITTED BLING AFICIONADO

(desynt: adj. slang for tight, pronounced decent. [that's a desynt scarf, era])