Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Giants Game

On Saturday I went to a Giants baseball game in beautiful AT&T Park in San Fran. It was awesome, the Giants beat the Diamondbacks 4-1 (5-1?) and a good time was had by all.



I complained about the name of the park before, and that stands, but everything else about it is awesome. The park opens up to the bay, and people hang out in kayaks and boats, waiting to catch "splash hit" home runs. After talking with my friend Mason, I found out that the stadium is built in a style called "retro-classic" which was started by the Baltimore Orioles in 1992 (he, being from Balmer, knew all about this). It basically means that it is baseball-only, and it has elements that hearken back to the way that parks were built in the golden age of baseball (think Fenway Park and Wrigley Field). AT&T Park has amazing public transportation too, I took the MUNI straight to the front door (with a thousand other people, and I was the only one not wearing orange and black).



I went with my housemates G and M, and two of their friends. I ate enough cotton candy to make me sick, I actually had to stop, can you believe it? It was also bobble-head night, so I now have a Barry Zito bobble-head in my possession. Doesn't he fit right in?


No comments: