Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Philly Deals :: Restaurant School Bread


I live about 8 blocks away from The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College, and other than the occasional sighting of someone in a chef's hat and checkered pants, I didn't have much interaction with the college. Then a friend told me that they have a bakery on campus that's open to the public and features the goodies from all of the pastry and baking classes! As you can imagine, everything is high quality (they're being graded) and cheap. The first time I went the guy behind the counter let me in on a little secret; the best deal in the place is their bread. It's baked fresh every day and they sell it for $2 a loaf. White bread, wheat, herb, sourdough, even a sourdough pickle loaf (!), all $2. Now that's a Philly deal.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh wow! That's awesome. Eat it up for me!

I hope they have some define sweets too!