Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter, my favorite holiday

Just a few pics of the Easter feast and egg dying at my house in NJ. Lasagna, sweet potatoes with pineapple and marshmallows, and brisket for M who was keeping kosher for Passover.


Ham, for us non-kosher folks. Hyacinths, tulips way in the back, and roses. I couldn't resist the pinkness and had to take a picture.


The egg-dying laboratory (again, no vertical pictures allowed by Blogger, grrr, sorry if it gives you vertigo).


And finally, the finished products. Unfortunately they were finished after Easter dinner was over and most of the family had left. I also didn't get a chance to read about the natural dyes that some people were talking about on their blogs, so it was regular old chemical tablets (food grade, of course). My favorite one is the purple/yellow/orange one in the bottom row, second to right that my sister's boyfriend made. Great color combination.



We like to take liberties with the traditional egg dying colors and patterns, creating our own craziness. Check out last year's:





These are the products of me and my friend Amanda, my normal partner in egg-dying crime, along with my sister. That year we also had a green egg that had "I am a red egg" written on it. We found it absolutely hilarious and called it our egg that was in denial.

In other news, the plane ride to Philly was terrible, but the one home was actually pleasant. More on that later.

No comments: