Sunday, April 1, 2007

Beautiful food

It's time for the last of the pictures I took in Philadelphia. My parents came to visit some friends and we all went out to dinner at The Waterworks; a restaurant/bar down the hill from the Art Museum.


It's right on the Schuylkill River and I believe it used to be the old waterworks for the city. They've been renovating it for at least four or five years now so it was cool to actually go inside and see what they've done. It was pretty upscale, really expensive, and delicious. I got an oyster appetizer (what the heck, I'm not buying!) called Oysters Three Ways:


And for desert an amazing pear and pomegranate mousse with a pear chip stuck in it and a beignet (donut). Gorgeous and scrumptious. My parents and M thought I was crazy taking pictures, but it was just too pretty to go undocumented (look at the light coming through the pear chip!)


Thank goodness for generous parents.

No comments: