Friday, March 30, 2007

The Hoss

This is Maverick (Primus), my sister's horse. We visited him and some other ponies at the barn when I was home for spring break last week.



He's for sale, in the off-chance that anyone is interested. I have no stats for him, all I can tell you is that he's some sort of German Breed, and he jumps and flats. And even that's probably wrong somehow.



We also visited the ponies, Katie (white) and I forget the other one's name (hopefully someone in my family will read this and give me the right info). Anyway, they were very curious ponies. But they didn't get along very well.




These are my favorite pictures I took while there. In the bottom one the pony has such a presence, even despite those silly floofy bangs.



I'm noticing a trend in my photos. I was saying before that I work on a small scale, and you can see that in these photos too. There aren't many where you can see the whole horse. But there's also something else happening where I will cut the picture off a little too early, so you can't see something that you may want to see. Like in the picture above you can only see my sister's hair, and it cuts out juuuuust before her face comes into the frame. Or in the one before that, you can see part of the horse's eyes, but not all of them. There are other photographers I've seen who do this.



This is a photo by Joel Meyerowitz of a beach on Cape Cod with a couple playing chicken on the left. I love it because you have to use your imagination to extend the photo to include the couple and the people they are playing with. I think this photo has been in the back of my mind for a while, informing my own photos.

No comments: