Friday, March 9, 2007

CSA: Community Supported Awesomeness

My latest CSA box, along with some gerbera daisies from the greenhouse. The list of contents includes: Broccoli, Carrots, Red Russian Kale, a Leek, Salad mix, Potatoes (I don't know what kind), and Organic Mandarins. They all deserve their capital letters. As usual, I would appreciate some input on what to do with certain of these vegetables. Kale? I know you can steam it or stir fry it, but that's the limit of my knowledge on kale. Also, I now have about a pound of carrots and I'm going to make carrot bread and carrot muffins, but does anyone have a good side-dish recipe (read: not so sweet and dessert-like)?


I'm sorry about the pictures on the last post, I fixed them so now you can see my works-in-progress. Also, here's a little pic of the view from my office on campus. Pretty.


1 comment:

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Era! Thanks for visiting my site. I laughed at your comment about the kumquats. There are so many East Coasters out here, huh?

As for the kale, here's a super simple and tasty prep: Saute them with a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Then drizzle with good honey. The honey balances the kale's bitterness really well. I also love in chopped in veggie soups and stews. Hope you like it!