Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Campus buildings

I've been spending a lot of time on campus lately, what with finals and all. Some of the buildings are quite photogenic, and the greenhouses in the Environmental Horticulture building have a certain dilapidated charm to them. Here is Wickson Hall, where I have my office. This plum tree has such a distinct strong, almost musty smell to it. We have one in my yard back home in NJ, so it was really nice to have a little reminder of home every time I went into the building.


This is the gorgeous new Plant Sciences building. It has a conference room on the third floor that has a wall of windows 10 feet high, and a balcony which you can see in the picture. In the spirit of the building, there are rows of crops planted out front, you can see the swiss chard and chives.


Here's the Environmental Horticulture Building, it's basically a square of one-story buildings with a courtyard in the middle and a bunch of temporary buildings sticking off the sides.



Finally, the greenhouse that I work in, scent-less roses and all. There are seven houses, all connected through this hallway.




No comments: