Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Bower Bird

This is my favorite store in town. The owner, Deborah Jory, kindly let me take pictures of it when I was there buying a gift for G. I was feeling kind of shy, so the pictures are not very well composed, I apologize. I just snapped what I could. I love the color scheme in there and the slogan of the store "Nothing that you need, but everything you want" is so, so true. So true.

This picture gives you a good idea for the color scheme of the store. All those pinks and pale greenish blues and bright whites. The color scheme of this blog was probably subconsciously informed by that store.


Here's a nice little corner with some knick-knacks. The white furniture blends into the background and displays the merchandise well, while still giving shape and form to the store.


Another little corner, this one is upstairs. The chicken wire and distressed white-washed cabinets are so fabulous, especially with those pink plates in them.


Finally, my favorite part of the store, the wall o' ribbon. I bought two lengths of ribbon a few months ago, but I really don't know what to do with them, any suggestions? I put them in my hair, but they require lots of bobby pins to secure. I can't put them on presents and give them away, they are too pretty and expensive. The first one is yellow and shiny with California poppies on it, and the second one is pale water color blue with little sparrows. I've told myself that I need to figure out what to do with them first before I buy more (although I did buy some adorable orange rick-rack when I was there last Saturday but I told myself it's for an apron I'm going to make for the tie-one-on blog. We'll see if that every happens.)

1 comment:

Gentlewhoadie Apt One said...

I found it! You're a "blogger." AKA a weirdo. Welcome to the club.