Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A new scarf

I finished this last week before leaving for the east coast, but I didn't get a chance to post about it. It's a Finnish Bird's Eye pattern, using cotton yarn in camel and pink. The pink yarn was originally the camel color, but I dyed it. The camel yarn is what's available in the weaving lab for free so I've been dying it all different colors, though I'm starting to like the original color as well. I might try something with all camel soon, who knows.





I've been wearing it as a scarf, but it has some potential for a shawl. Of course it's a leeeeeetle bit too short and a tad too narrow for a shawl.



I also finished these enamelled pins, but I'm really not pleased with them. I put some clear enamel in to keep the papaya seeds in place and it really messed up the look of the seeds. I had to grind them down, which I didn't want to do because I thought it would be cool in 3D with the black seeds popping up. And the pink of the tea pot reacted with the silver wire and gave a yellow tint to the enamel. Well, now I know, enamel is fun, but not for everybody.


No comments: