Tuesday, March 6, 2007

San Franparrotsco

Well, I had hoped to get some good photos when I was in SF for G's birthday, but we were running around trying to solve the clues for the Treasure Hunt so that didn't happen. But right before the hunt we walked by a little park and we got to see the parrots of Telegraph Hill!


It was really cool because I've heard about them, though I haven't seen the movie. They are a flock of wild parrots that live up on Telegraph Hill and seem to come down to this little park to roost and eat seeds out of people's hands. I don't think anyone knows how they got here in the first place. Apparently the movie is more about a homeless musician who befriends the flock than the flock itself.


But they certainly were friendly. That's my hand. There were people standing around with huge trays of sunflower seeds and all you had to do was hold up a handful of seeds for about 20 seconds and they would fly down and land on your hand. They left tiny little claw marks all over my hand and wrist.


Here are a few nice pictures of SF that I took on a beautiful day in Jan. Pier 39 with all of the sea lions. There's the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.



And the view from Coit Tower. You can see the curves of Lombard Street if you look closely.


1 comment:

Carlene said...

How cool that you got to see the parrots, up close and personal. I'd be all over that.