Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Breathing



Aaaaah. I've finished the midterm, the quizzes, the grant, and the display. Therefor, this week will be all about relaxing (though of course I have another midterm on Fri). The grant was probably the most stressful part of the whole thing. I've never written one before and I basically had to do the whole literature review and figure out exactly what I was going to do for my entire research project before I could write it, which was the truly time consuming part.



I finally had a chance to catch up on some laundry and dishes, and to eat lunch outside this week. The weather has been beautiful/ghastly. It gets up to 90 in the afternoon, but the mornings are just amazing. I had a little visitor for lunch on Monday; he was very interested in my burrito, and he wasn't shy about it.



I also got to eat dinner with my friend Sarah W last night. She's an amazing cook and she made pizza for us! I helped by eating all of the ingredients from the little bowls before she put them on the pizza. We had tomato sauce, cooked onions, salami, kalamata olives, fresh basil from her garden, artichokes (!), and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.



This weekend I'm flying home to attend my sister's graduation from college. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family and my friend Chip, it's been too long and I think they will help center me after the craziness of the last few weeks. And there will be champagne, what's not to look forward to?



Finally, here's a sneak peek of the next thing that I'm putting on the loom. I won't elaborate, only to say that it's a gift, and it's the most complicated thing I've tried yet. It's about 40 inches wide and involves overdrafting. Oh boy.


2 comments:

B.T.S. said...

oh hey shoutout.
that squirrel has a crush on your shoes and your borrito.

Cornflower said...

What great washing line pictures!