Friday, May 25, 2007

Tea and Veggies

Hello again. I've let my life come before my blog lately, and to the few of you who read my blog and are not already in my life, I'm sorry. But here's a picture of fruits and veggies to cheer you up.



This is my latest CSA box: peas (non-edible pods, but I ate most of them anyway), carrots, potatoes, a huge red onion, asparagus, and kale. The strawberries and cherries I bought at the farmer's market and just threw in there because they are gorgeous.



There are a bunch of things that I need to catch you all up on, and I will list them here because by doing so, I will feel obligated to actually write posts about them. In the past two weeks I allowed myself to take a short breather, then I went to my sister's graduation from college in PA and it's been (and will be) crazy from then on. But I would like to tell you about:
  • tea and sushi on a Wednesday afternoon
  • the field trip I took to a site with serpentine geology (beautiful tiny wildflowers everywhere)
  • the Bucknell class of 2007 graduation in Lewisburg, PA
  • my "Big News, part 2:" I finally have a research topic for my master's degree!
  • the field trip I'm leaving for today - the Sierra Nevadas
I'll start this pledge by taking care of the first item on the list right now. Last Wednesday I had tea with a few friends in the middle of the day (talk about luxury). It was Japanese-themed.



We made sushi, cold soba noodles, miso soup, and a few types of tea. It was really cute and incredibly filling. Japanese food is my favorite cuisine, hands down.





Yum. Well, I leave for my last field trip of the quarter today. Pictures and comments to come!

1 comment:

Carlene said...

Girl, you take the best veggie photos!