Thursday, May 3, 2007

Veggies (and some complaining, sorry)

Things are getting quite busy over here. I have a midterm, two reflection papers, a grant proposal, two quizzes, and another field trip all coming up in the next week and a half. In addition, Mother's Day is coming quick and my big project is definitely not going to be ready by then (it's okay, Mom already knows she's getting her gift a few weeks late). On top of all that, I volunteered to create an educational display for the Sacramento Cactus and Succulent Society show this weekend. Luckily, I was able to use posters from an ongoing project at the Conservatory on campus, and my only job is to gather the plants from the Conservatory, clean them up, label them, arrange them, take them to the show on Friday, set them up, and return to take them home again on Sunday. Whew! Like I have time to do that, but I'm doing it anyway. Pictures to come, of course.

Here is the last CSA box I got. There was supposed to be one today as well, but due to a communication error it wasn't picked up. Oh well, another two weeks without fresh veggies, and $15 down the drain, no biggie.



I put almost all of this into a huge soup. The purple kale bled all of its color into the soup, so the broth is all purple, which I like. I ate the artichoke the first night, of course. Who can let artichokes just sit in their fridge? Not me, that's for sure.



For my next field trip I will be going to several places in the inner coast ranges this Saturday with my CA Plant Communities class. We will see riparian forest, foothill woodland, and chaparral. I know it's only Wed/Thurs, but have a great weekend!

No comments: