Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday, the Day of Rest

Saturday, my second full day back in California. I was reluctant to return because of the academic responsibilities that I'm not ready to pick up again. And because my best friends are on the east coast and I forgot how many great people I know here already, after only one year.



I spent this morning at the farmer's market and the public library with my good friend Nicole, and Sam, my canine charge for the weekend. We walked our paws off all day; going on errands, eating pizza, hanging out at the dog park (even though we were the only ones there).



Now it's only me and Sam, eating incredibly ripe heirloom tomatoes and drinking homemade iced tea. I started another crock of sauerkraut today and I bought some little cucumbers at the market so I can try to make pickles sometime in the near future. This American Life is on and it's a "best-of" show because they're doing another pledge drive (I might donate, and it might have something to do with the fact that my donation enters me into a raffle to win an iPhone. Just maybe).



I've been up and down a lot lately, so this Saturday represents much needed alone time for me. Although I will never underestimate the effect of some canine company on my mood.




n
OthI
n

g can

s
urPas
s

the m

y
SteR
y

of

s
tilLnes
s


- e e cummings

2 comments:

Gentlewhoadie Apt One said...

man, that's a cute doggie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday :)