Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dump Your Dryer

There's an interesting post over at Simply Green, Danny Seo's blog, about reducing your clothes dryer usage. He suggests putting the washing machine on an extra spin cycle to get as much water out as possible, then hanging clothes over chairs to dry. An obvious solution, yes, but many of us don't take the time to actually do it.



My last house had a big back yard where I had a fabulous clothes line. But this house doesn't have the space for it, plus, the rainy season is fast approaching and I need a new solution. My friend Jill told me about this great fold-able drying rack from IKEA that I will buy as soon as I can get out there. It's cheap, you can hang a ton of stuff on it, and you can put it outside when the weather's nice. Done and DONE.

3 comments:

I Am A Librarian said...

Lovely blogging, ma'am! There is hope for this world with people like you running around, growing their own veggies and baking fluffy bread (without leaving footprints--carbon footprints). Nice pictures, too...reminds me of yarnstorm, my knowledge of whom I believe I have you to thank for. Cheers!

eeluke said...

If you are really adventurous and have a lot of time to waste, you can do laundry in the bathtub...grape stomping style. Just make sure your feet are clean.
PS-can I borrow your Pumas for my wedding?

Zoomie said...

Like you, I dry as often as possible without using my dryer. I love the fresh scent and I'm lucky to have room for a clothesline. Keep up the good work!