I got to experience my 8th (count them, 8) major league baseball stadium on Friday. And I'm not even a real fan, it's ridiculous.
The McAfee Coliseum, home of the Oakland Athletics. The A's won, beating Jaja's Kansas City Royals 13-2 (oooooooooooo!). The fan turnout was pathetic, but the enthusiasm of the fans that were present was overwhelming. I would put A's fans up there with Phillies fans in the "don't mess" category.
Here's where I've been (I like lists):
- Shea Stadium (New York Mets)
- Fenway Park (Boston Red Sox)
- Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Three Rivers Stadium (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia Phillies)
- AT&T Park (San Francisco Giants)
- Yankee Stadium (New York Yankees)
- McAfee Coliseum (Oakland Athletics)