The Saturday before Easter I had a bunch of friends over to dye eggs. Much fun was had by all, and we ended up dying 6.5 dozen eggs! Amazing. It made me miss my sister and my friend Amanda from home, whom I've always dyed eggs with in the past.
We used synthetic dye that my mom mailed me from NJ (she knows me so well). But we also tried some natural dyes. They failed pretty much completely, but I think I know what I did wrong. Here's what they looked like this time around:
Top left: carrot tops, top center: onion skins, top right: beets, bottom left: red cabbage. (Some of the eggs started off brown anyway, so don't be impressed).
I'm going to try again, and then I'll write a tutorial.