Sunday, July 6, 2008

Veggie Renovations

A few weeks ago I pulled out those bolting cilantro and celery and planted some yummy summer veggies:

'Ambrosia' Cantaloupe


I bought some great new gardening gloves, too. Pink, of course.

'Tasty Green' Cucumber


Here's the cucumber after a few weeks:


On the left, Zucchini. On the right, 'Klondike Green Striped' Watermelon!!!


After a few weeks, the zucchini is doing quite well. The watermelon, notsomuch.


I decided that my veggies were looking a little peaked, so I bought this fabulous organic fertilizer: "Tiger Bloom"



My tomatoes are much happier for it:





My peppers and eggplants are producing (you can see why I needed the fertilizer).






My first harvest!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Maybe I will start cucs again. They kept dying in the May hot/cold weather we had. My watermelon took forever to take hold, but man once it did, there is no turning back now!

bluebicicletta said...

cute peppers!