Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just a little sweet

My dad does not have a sweet tooth (unless we're taking about Entenmann's chocolate donuts or chocolate covered marshmallows at Easter). So it's hard to come up with things to bake for him for holidays. At Christmas I made panettone, an Italian sweet bread that he really likes. It came out a little dry but I will definitely try again next year. And I think I've found another possibility - biscotti.

For Father's Day this year I made the Choco-Cran Biscotti from my "Most Loved Cookies" book by Jean Pare. I've never made biscotti before, but it was a sinch! It's basically just a twice-baked low-sugar cookie.



It wasn't too attractive before I twice-baked it, and it was a little crumbly afterwards, but it's definitely a recipe I will try again.



No comments: