Monday, December 21, 2009

Something New


I'm knitting my first piece of real clothing. It's not a scarf, hat, or mittens, but something that you can actually wear on your body! For this new step in my knitting life I chose the Balthazar Vest from Twinkle's Big City Knits by Wenlan Chia, an amazing book I found in the Philadelphia Free Public Library.



I'm knitting it for myself, which is also new because I give away about 90% of the things I knit. I'm cruising along so far, with only one little snag that my friend Leslie helped me work through (I failed to divide the body soon enough and the vest was a wee bit too long.) The yarn is as chunky as they get, so I should finish it pretty soon enough, though it's on hold now because I'm finishing up another mystery project first. I'll let you know how it comes out!

No comments: