Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tweety Tote


Here's the adorable reversible grocery bag I made at my sewing class! It took me at least 20 minutes to choose these fabrics because there were so many incredible choices at Spool. Now that I've made it I think that I should have chosen darker fabrics because these will get dirty so quickly, I couldn't possibly use it as a grocery bag.



The leaf pattern is "Lindy Leaf" from the Nicey Jane collection by Heather Bailey, and the birds are from Erin McMorris' Park Slope collection.



I am in love with those birds.

It took me less than four hours from start to finish (with lots of coaching in between). After I finished it I immediately called to ask my mom to find my sewing machine from high school which has been sitting neglected for quite a few years now. Hopefully I will follow through and dust that baby off for some springtime sewing!



And check it out - they have the grocery tote pattern available for free on the Spool blog.

2 comments:

NA said...

i didn't even sew this and now i want a sewing machine, too.

by the by: talked to my mom on the phone last night, and in the middle of a sobbing meltdown, she tried to distract me (like i was five) by saying, ''OH MY GOD THAT SCARF ERICA MADE YOU IS JUST SOOOO AMAZING, ISN'T IT??? I SAW IT ON YOUR BLOG AND IT'S THE PRETTIEST SCARF I'VE EVER SEEN! LOOK AT THE BIRDY...."). I did stop crying a little bit ...

(untab: v. to remove bitter qualities from the palette of your 1970s name-brand cola)

Jeannie Hanson said...

Hi Erica. don't you love sewing! I'm going to get that pattern. Thanks.
Also, here's something sent to me by an Irish grower. You're the only Philly girl I know, so in case you're going to the Philly Flower Show, free plants and win a trip to Ireland, details here: http://www.fitzgerald-nurseries.com/files/Philladelphia%20Show%20handout.pdf