Thursday, August 2, 2007

"I, even I, know the solution/ Love, music, wine, and revolution"



It's aliiiiiiive! We have the internet, people. The past two weeks have opened my eyes to my dependence on this ridiculous thing called the internet. At the same time as I was writhing in agony over the loss of it, I was enjoying the isolation. And I sure got out of the house quicker in the morning.



So here we go, summary of Sonoma trip 2007. We drank wine, we laughed, we cried, and we didn't kill each other. And I got to wear my bathing suit for the second time this summer.



My parents and my sister came to visit two weeks ago, and we spent the weekend of July 13th (Friday the 13th!) in Glen Ellen, CA, in the Sonoma Valley. We stayed in a most amazing and lavish condo with a pool, which we had to ourselves all weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our private pool, and the natural foods store across the street from our building. Sis and I were dropping hints about how awesome it would be to own this condo and have a second home in Sonoma (in vain, of course). But it was fun to pretend for a weekend that it was ours. The master suite was bigger than the bottom floor of my house. 'Nuff said.



We ate lavishly all weekend, having the "complete meal" at every sitting (drinks, appetizers, main course, and dessert). Of course. That's what vacation is for.



Here's a pic of one of the vinyards we visited, and I will post more detailed accounts of my two favorite wineries tomorrow; Schramsberg, which makes sparkling wine ("champagne") and had an amazing cave full of lichen, and the Benziger Family Winery, which practices "biodynamic farming" and had the most beautiful gardens planted amid the vines, meant to be insectories for beneficial insects.


2 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

Your pictures are incredible!!

Now, some advice from an old lady: Wear that swimsuit as many times as you can, because someday... you won't want to see yourself in it, nor will anybody else.
:D

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Erica. I really can't believe that you are taking these with a digital point and shoot. Any tips for me with my new digital camera? I love the picture of the pool-- really great composition and color.