Sunday, September 14, 2008

Choco-Coco-Creamcheese Cupcakes



Just a little weekend baking. I've made many recipes from this book before ("Birthday Cakes: Recipes and Memories from Celebrated Bakers" by Kathryn Kleinman) but the birthday cupcakes recipe is my favorite (pg. 122). It's basically the same recipe as the "Elvis Cake;" devil's food. In the past I've made these cupcakes with a gooey raspberry jelly center and powdered sugar on top, but this time I used the cream cheese and coconut frosting recipe from page 82. Delicious. And just look at them sitting all pretty on my birthday cake stand from Crystal and Jaja. It's the little things folks, the little things.



Strangely, I baked all of those other cakes at exactly this time last year. Weird. Maybe there's something special about the month of September?

No comments: