Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crafty Splurge

No matter how hard I try I can't leave a craft store without a few extra things. This time there was a sale on felt and I couldn't tear myself away from the button isle.



I went in looking for a few specific things to finish up a project I've been working on, and left with this pile of felt on the left, which was clearly needed because they are all (mostly) different colors from the felt in the pile I already have at home (on the right). And it's all made in the USA from 100% recycled post-consumer plastic bottles!



And I knew instantly what I would do with these buttons, so that made it an acceptable purchase, right? They are going on the brim of the hats I'm knitting for the holidays. Oh Lordy, what is it about autumn that empties my wallet and fills my floor with fabric and knick-knacks?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence . . . I've just been contemplating a felt purchase--for a Halloween costume. Those buttons will be great on knit hats!