Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nantucket Nuptials

Last weekend I had the amazing good fortune to attend the wedding of one of my best friends from grad school. It took place on Nantucket where she and her fiance spent all of their summers growing up. We caught the edge of Hurricane Kyle, and it poured all weekend, but the rain just made it more beautiful.







Coming from California where it hasn't rained since May, I packed completely inappropriately for the weekend. My new sandals bled black dye all over my feet, and I was forced to wear my pirate boots the whole time. But I loved it! The rain lent depth to all of the colors on the island.





This was my first wedding of a friend, and what a wedding it was! It was practically a destination wedding, and half of the guests attending were friends of the bride and groom. We were all invited to the rehearsal dinner and brunch the day after the wedding. We all stayed at the same hotel, which was walking distance to the bars in "town." Fun fun fun. There was a lot of skinny dipping.





Congratulations Chezzie and Griffin!

No comments: